COVID-19 Practice Updates
Practice Update 03/06/2020
College Dental Surgeries is re-opening for certain procedures from the 8th June but we will not be operating as normal.
Please be patient with us in these early weeks.
You will notice several changes at the practice and we would like to highlight the patient journey here:
- Please attend alone where possible. If you have a mask, please wear it. Only essential carers/parents etc will be allowed to accompany patients.
- Please wait in your car/outside until very near to your appointment time.
- Enter through the back door via the ramp as we will be having a one-way flow in the practice as far as possible.
- You will be let into the practice and have your temperature taken to check for any fever.
- We will ask you to sanitise your hands once in the practice and there will be social distancing in the practice.
- Any payment that may be due will have to be collected prior to you entering the surgery.
- We will be wearing enhanced PPE so please do not be alarmed by our appearance!!
- We are still very limited to simple treatments at this time until the correct PPE and new equipment we have ordered arrives.
- As recently, we will not see any walk in patients at the moment.
We have a huge backlog of patients to try and see. Your patience at this time has been greatly appreciated by all of us at the practice and will get to you when we can. By all means please contact us but be aware that we will be incredibly busy.
Practice Update 21/05/2020
At College Dental Surgeries the safety of our staff and patients is central to everything we do and this is why we have been working hard behind the scenes to put additional procedures in place for when we reopen. Our infection control procedures already exceeded requirements and we have added more to this to ensure everyone’s safety.
We have recently invested in state of the art air purification systems, with germicidal UVC irradiation, a HEPA filter and a carbon filter, the system filters out 99.9% of harmful bacteria, viruses (including the coronavirus) dental matter and pathogens.
In addition, we have also invested in a cold fogger to add a further level of protection for the practice.
We are installing screens at reception
We will have reduced numbers in the waiting room and social distancing protocols in place
Staff will have enhanced in surgery PPE
We will be regularly decontaminating public areas.
We want our patients to have the confidence that the practice is doing everything possible to ensure a safe environment for everyone.