Over one million people have so far used Stoptober as the incentive they need to beat the cigarettes for good. Stop smoking for 28 days this October and you are 5 times more likely to quit for good.
Smoking is currently the single most preventable cause of death in our society, so whether this is the first, second or tenth time you have tried to quit, make sure is it the last time and start to see the health benefits almost immediately.
You will be able to notice the health benefits in less than an hour so why wait? Stop today:
- After 20 minutes – Pulse rate returns to normal.
- After 8 hours – Nicotine and carbon monoxide levels in blood reduce by more than half and oxygen levels return to normal.
- After 48 hours – Carbon monoxide will be eliminated from the body. Lungs start to clear out mucus and other smoking debris.
- After 48 hours – There is no nicotine in the body. Ability to taste and smell is improved.
- After 72 hours – Breathing becomes easier. Bronchial tubes begin to relax and energy levels increase.
- After 2-12 weeks – Your circulation improves.
- After 3-9 months – Coughs, wheezing and breathing problems improve as lung function increases by up to 10%.
Quitting will also save you money. The average smoker could save over £3,000.00 a year. Just think of what that could be used for: a new kitchen, a holiday of a lifetime, a new wardrobe, the opportunities are endless.
Your family will also benefit as they will not be exposed to second hand smoke. More than 80% of second hand smoke is invisible and odourless, so no matter how careful you think you’re being, your family still breathes in the harmful poisons. By not smoking, you protect the health of those close to you as well as your own.
Why not choose today as the day you quit for good? For help and advice visit the NHS smoke free website http://www.nhs.uk/smokefree